The Gilberd SchoolColchester, Essex
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR1B (£10,100)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: Summer Term 2021
Suitable for NQTs: No
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, energetic person into our highly effective pastoral team. Subject specialisms are secondary to recruiting the right person and therefore candidates should be prepared to teach outside their subject area if necessary. We passionately believe that outstanding outcomes result from setting, role-modelling and upholding exceptionally high standards. If you feel this matches your own ethos then we would welcome your application.
At The Gilberd School, you will find:
- A school rated by Ofsted as being “Outstanding”
- An exceptionally welcoming school
- Enthusiastic, polite and well-behaved students, who are eager to learn
- Hardworking, positive and motivated colleagues who support each other
- Superb classrooms and resources to support teaching and learning
- Excellent CPD and career development opportunities
As a consequence, outcomes across the curriculum are outstanding.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven teaching success and the ability to lead and inspire both students and staff
- A clear commitment to high standards and aspirations to enable students to achieve their best
- The ability to plan, develop, lead and evaluate Year group initiatives
- A history of tracking academic and pastoral progress
- A proven track record of effective communicating with a range of stakeholders
“A hugely oversubscribed school with a clear vision of excellence and attainment, we combine the best of a rigorous curriculum with outstanding pastoral development and opportunity. Our wider reputation is one of a safe, happy yet challenging learning environment where all students achieve. Our vision is to ensure that all students feel safe, valued and happy whilst here, and leave with first rate academic qualifications and highly developed soft skills to ensure success in a competitive world.” Linda Exley, Headteacher
Full details are available from our website via the Apply button.
Alternatively, please contact Alison Tuckwell, HR Manager, on 01206 842211 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 4th December 2020 at 9.00am.
The Gilberd School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to references and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
More about The Gilberd School
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: State - Academy
Age Range: 11 - 16 years
Address: Brinkley Lane, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9PU, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 1206 842211
The Gilberd School is a co-educational, non-denominational secondary with academy status in Colchester, Essex. At the most recent inspection, there were 1,350 students on the school roll, aged 11-16.
The Gilberd School opened in 1912 and acquir...