HEAD OF YEAR
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale + TLR 2C
Start Date: September 2021
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join Paxman Academy in Colchester. The school opened to Year 7 students in September 2019 and is a co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy with a PAN of 180. It is a heavily oversubscribed school which is held in high regard in the community.
We are looking for a dedicated, caring and hardworking leader with ambition to support all students to reach their academic and personal potential.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To promote the ethos of the school through leading high quality assemblies
- To lead a team of tutors and cohort of students, giving a clear vision and direction to work
- To have an overview of the range of barriers to learning that impact on student progress, with reference to behaviour for learning, in and out of the classroom
- To monitor attendance and punctuality on a weekly basis and take steps to ensure that these are maintained at the highest levels, liaising with partners as appropriate
- To monitor student behaviour, attendance and achievement and, in consultation with key staff, decide on appropriate sanctions, interventions and rewards
- To raise the standards of student attainment and achievement within the year group establishing high standards.
- To use available data to identify students in the year group who are underachieving and implement and monitor the impact of measures to address this.
We're looking for you if you:
- Are an effective and sensitive communicator to a range of audiences
- Have an understanding of the use of a range of data to inform planning and underpin individual student progress
- Experience of, and commitment to, the education of the whole person promoting social and emotional well-being in addition to academic development
- Have high expectations of students and colleagues
- Have self-awareness, perceptiveness and being empathetic to the needs of all stakeholders
- The ability to act with integrity
- The ability to engage with parents in the education of their children
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 504. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 24th February 2021 at 9am
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
Paxman Academy is a newly built, co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy, which opened its doors in September 2019. In its first two years of opening, the Academy has been a popular choice and is heavily oversubscribed.
The Academy enjoys s...