Do you want to join a brand new, state-of-the-art school that opened its doors to Year 7 for the first time in September 2019?
Do you want to grow with an expanding school that is keen on career progression and personal development?
Do you have a passion for the pastoral aspect of teaching and want to enthuse students?
Do you want to be a founding member of a Pastoral team that will grow for the next four years?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a recently opened school and help shape the education for girls in Thamesmead.
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive girls’ school and the sister school to Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, rated Good by Ofsted. The school prides itself on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
We wish to appoint a talented and motivated Head of Year that will nurture and recognise individuality whilst promoting a culture that allows all pupils to maximise their potential in all areas of school life. As a Head of Year the successful applicant will be responsible for co-ordinating and ensuring the personal, social and academic progress of all students. This position would be suited to a candidate with a proven track record of pastoral care, collaborative leadership and skilled communication.
If you have ambition and the desire to lead a Year group, then Woolwich Poly Girls is waiting to hearfrom you.
We are looking for a Head of Year who has:
• The willingness and skills to lead and support a team of tutors
• The ability to analyse pupils’ pastoral data, including, behaviour, attendance and punctuality and take action to improve these where necessary
• The ability to analyse pupils’ progress data and to support the RSLs with tracking and improving the progress of individual pupils and the year group as a whole
• The ability to act as a positive role model to staff and pupils, communicating the highest expectations
• The ability to establish positive relationships with parents and carers and communicate with them on a regular basis
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school
• Proven themselves to be an outstanding teacher
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is the 27th March 2020. Interviews are scheduled for week commencing the 30th March 2020.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the application form.
We look forward to hearing from you.