We are seeking a Head of Year who can provide highly effective pastoral care to promote and secure a culture in which students are supported to become confident and successful individuals.
The year group will be discussed at interview. All subject specialisms will be considered; however, we are particularly keen to hear from candidates qualified to teach English, Maths, Science, Drama and Humanities.
We would like you to have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Experience of having undertaken continuing professional development
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of being a successful form tutor
- Understanding of current educational issues
- Understanding of effective pedagogy
- Understanding of how data can be used to drive up standards through intelligent intervention programmes
- Experience of teaching at all levels 11-18
- Passion for education in its widest sense but also a keen interest in pastoral care
- Drive, sense of purpose, commitment and perseverance
- Well-developed emotional intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills
- Flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of individuals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Enthusiasm, common sense and good humour
- Willingness to reflect on and evaluate performance within the context of a team
- Outstanding classroom practitioner who inspires and is respected by students
- High levels of resilience
- A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
- Ability to lead by example, take responsibility and to be accountable
- Ability to hold people to account effectively
- Proven solution-provider
- Intellectual curiosity
We can offer:
- A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school.
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
- Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the school website
- Completed applications to be emailed to Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, by 9.00am on Monday 1st February 2021. Please email to email@example.com
- Please include a covering letter and completed Danes Educational Trust application form with the contact details of two referees
- We reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found. Therefore, early application is advised
- Interview date: Friday 5th February 2021
School Address: Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire WD3 3LR
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07796 751982
Croxley Danes School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Thank you for your interest in Croxley Danes School.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croxley Danes School as in September 2020, the school opened its brand new permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building...