The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated Head of Year to join our fast growing, ambitious and STEM focused Academy. As a Head of Year and secondary teacher the successful applicant will be responsible for the daily pastoral and co-curricular life of our pupils. This position would be suited to a candidate with a proven track record of pastoral care, collaborative leadership and skilled communication. We are able to offer key subject responsibilities to the right candidate and as a rapidly developing school, The Kingston Academy will provide you with exceptional opportunities for career development and progression.
The Kingston Academy is new Free Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. By September 2018 we will have around 680 pupils across the four year groups of 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Justine Free, PA to the Head Teacher on 0208 465 6208 or email email@example.com. However, if you are unable to visit the school prior to the deadline, your application will not be disadvantaged in any sense.
The successful candidate will have overall pastoral responsibility for pupils in one of our four houses. As such they should possess the following attributes:
- Good honours degree
- The ability to lead, inspire, motivate and support pupils
- Broad base of subject knowledge
- Proven track record in a pastoral care role in a secondary setting
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to teach across key stages 3, 4 and 5 ultimately
- Successful training, teaching practice and / or successful prior teaching experience
- Vision of successful classroom practice
- Possess a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a curriculum / subject team
- Effective ICT skills
- Ability to maintain good classroom behaviour
- Effective organisational skills e.g. lesson preparation, scheme of work development, meeting deadlines, good record keeping etc.
- Effective inter-personal skills
To apply for the role, applicants will need to use the link to visit the recruitment portal on school's website where they will be guided through the on-line application process.