Head of Year – Learning Lead
Required for September 2019
36 Hours per week
Monday – Thursday 8.00am – 4.15pm, Friday: 8.00am to 4.00pm
Term Time plus 5 Inset Days
Salary: Grade PO2, Point 29-32 pro rata (£33,948 - £36,711 FTE)
Do you want to work in one of the Top 100 schools, equipping students for success in both further study and future employment? If you are an experienced practitioner this is an opportunity to excel in this challenging and rewarding role.
We require a Head of Year – Learning Lead to take a strategic lead in ensuring high standards and aspirations are maintained. Candidates should have a clear vision for high quality teaching and learning, be able to make a contribution to whole school development through monitoring and supporting progress of each student within their Year Group/s and ensure students are positively encouraged to develop their full potential.
You will have the ability and enthusiasm to:
- Raise standards of student attainment and achievement and coordinate intervention strategies as required to ensure students achieve to their best ability.
- Support and enhance the teaching practice of others and develop and extend learning opportunities.
- Lead the pastoral support for the Year Group/s working with Form Tutors and other internal and external agencies.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- A superb opportunity to work in a flourishing and dynamic department.
- Management and Leadership CPD opportunities are available.
If shortlisted, candidates will be required to undertake an activity. Candidates successful in this will be brought forward to interview.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an Outstanding school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded from our school website.
Visits are warmly welcomed, please contact the HR Officer on email@example.com.
Address: Pound Street, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 3PS
Tel: 020 8642 2025 ext 202
Fax: 020 8643 7925
Interviews: Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. We reserve the right to close the position once a suitable applicant is appointed. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.”
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding personal and spiritual development for all pupils.
Pupil’s take full advantage of the opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all aspects of school life.”
Section 48 Inspection
The school has 1,412 students with 300 in the Sixth Form.
Ms M Noone
St Philomena’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.