Head of Year Learning with a specialism in English, Maths or Science
Salary: Ark MPS/UPS Outside London (£24,313 – £41,366) and TLR2b £4,531
Location: Kings Norton, Birmingham
Nearest train station/transport links: five-minute drive from the M42, Junction 2, Kings Norton Station (25 mins walk), bus routes including the 35, 45, 49 and 84
Start date negotiable.
Due to the expansion of our school, we are always looking for excellent teachers and leaders. We will therefore be considering applications throughout the duration of the advert and will let you know whether you have been shortlisted and selected for interview following submission of your application.
Ofsted: Good in all areas (2016)
Ark Kings – a small school, big family; transforming the lives of our students
In 2015, Ark Kings Academy was named as the most improved academy in the country, and was rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in October 2016. In April 2017, we moved into our brand new school building and in September 2017 we became an all through school with students from Reception to year 11. It is therefore a very exciting time to be joining Ark Kings as part of our schools’ transformation.
We are looking to recruit a Head of Year Learning with a specialism in English, Maths or Science to be play an integral part in our journey to outstanding. Your role will include:
• to enshrine the academy’s values in the day-to-day experience and conduct of the pupils, both inside and outside the classroom
• to create a culture of learning through the consistent application of high expectations and the enrichment of the skills of the cohort so they are enabled to learn well
• to support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professionals in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support as required
Staff development is key to our school improvement plan. Expectations are high and there is an array of tailored support and development opportunities available to help you reach them. At Ark Kings, you will have access to:
• Online training, and bespoke learning and mentoring programmes
• Twice the standard number of training days for teachers throughout the year (10 days)
• Dedicated co-planning time
• High quality training from the Ark Network
• Hub Days - three times a year, people working in specific roles or subject areas get together to share best practice and deepen their subject knowledge with peers from across the Ark network.
Our behaviour system, means that teachers can focus on getting the best possible outcomes for students. Extra free periods are built into the school day to enable you to have the time to get things done – whether that’s training, lesson planning or meetings.
As a teacher at Ark Kings Academy, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Click here to find out more about the benefits of work for Ark Kings Academy.
Visit our website for more information on the school. For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact us on 0121 459 4451 or the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 116 6345 for any application form enquiries
Please submit your application online by visiting www.arkonline.org/careers
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
• To develop and embed an ethos of high expectations, exceptional attitudes to learning and exemplary conduct.
• To ensure all academy routines and non-verbal signals are fully embedded and carried out with full compliance by the cohort
• To embed a culture of very high attendance within the cohort so attendance does not fall below expected levels
• To organise, with the Vice Principal discipline, all duty, catch up and internal exclusion rotas and systems
• To implement the academy’s rewards system for the cohort
• To provide weekly and termly evaluations to the Vice Principal on the behaviour, attendance and performance of the cohort.