The Chalk Hills Academy have an excellent opportunity for a Head of Year to join their pastoral team. We are seeking a positive, proactive and passionate individual with a focus on ensuring every child meets and exceeds their potential. To achieve this end, you will remove barriers to learning and encourage good attendance, behaviour and academic progress. The successful candidate will lead a team of Form Tutors who will share your vision for high standards of pastoral care, welfare and discipline of the year group. This is a non-teaching post and will suit a dynamic leader.
The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include a brand new gym with new equipment from April 2019 which is available for staff to use after school hours.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
• Adherence to completing the Academy’s rigorous procedures for recording, monitoring, analysing and acting upon a range of data including student attendance, punctuality, referrals and academic records from all subject areas to;
• Evaluate the quality and appropriateness of students’ overall negotiated individual learning plans
• Identify when intervention is necessary
• Monitoring and implementing actions in ensuring 100% attendance.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of curriculum areas to support high quality outcomes for the designated year group as and when required.
The successful candidate will have:
• A good honours degree or equivalent
• Experience of leadership /management of employees performing similar work.
• Demonstrable successful experience of planning for implementation and overall impact.
• Some experience of raising standards and improvement
• Start date: As soon as possible
• Salary: L6 – points 21 – 25 - £25,801 - £28,785 FTE, (39 weeks term time - actual salary: £22,328 –
£24,910) depending on experience
• Job Role: Full-time, Permanent
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
• Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
• Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
• Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance