HEAD OF YEAR (non teaching post) SO1, Pt 29-31 (£22,421 - £23,905pa)
Term Time only plus 7 days , 37 hours per week,
Required to start : As soon as possible
RSA Academy Arrow Vale was judged as an ‘outstanding’ school in all categories (OfSTED - May 2014). Inspectors commented that ‘Behaviour around the Academy is calm and orderly’, ‘behaviour in lessons is exemplary’ and ‘Students are polite and conscientious, wearing their uniform with pride’.
We are now seeking to appoint a strong Head of Year to join our excellent Student Support team. You will organise and manage a year group of 220 students, liaising with parents / carers as well as external agencies on all aspects of pastoral care and be fully supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills when dealing with students, parents, staff and external agencies
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working with young people
- The ability to lead a team of tutors
- Ability to analyse data and plan accordingly
- Ability to use ICT effectively
- Ability to prioritise and take initiative
Further information, including job description, person specification and application form, is available from the school website www.arrowvaleacademy.co.uk. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redditch RSA Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing Date : Wednesday 26th April @ 12 midday