Aldar Academies is currently seeking a Head of Year – Nursery for Al Mamoura Academy for the next academic year 2020 – 2021.
Al Mamoura Academy is a mixed gender primary school and girls only secondary school colocated in a brand new, state of the art building in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Al Mamoura Academy is a successful school founded on the firm foundations of Al Mushrif School, graded ‘Outstanding’ by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge. Our vision is clear: we want every individual, regardless of their ability, interest or need to achieve their potential and grow into responsible young adults.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The Head of Year – Nursery should show a commitment to the aims,policies and ethos of the school and strive to maintain these through personal conduct and effective relationships with colleagues and pupils.
Candidates should have a sound understanding of current Nursery Teaching pedagogy as well having a good understanding of tracking and assessing of the EYFS curriculum. We will also be looking for the candidate to further enhance and develop our Nursery department.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Strategic direction and development of the department
• Teaching and learning
• Leading and managing staff
• Efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources
• Other duties which may be reasonably assigned by the Principal
•Bachelor’s Degree in Education / Bachelor in Early Years Childhood Education or Bachelor of Arts Degree with PGCE in Education or teaching qualification.
• Minimum of 6 years teaching English National Curriculum
• Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be submitted via the TES website.
Aldar Academies is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.