Head of Year
Do you want to work for a school whose innovation and outstanding passion for teaching has won a string of awards and accolades? At a school which brings life to the motto ‘Inspiring Learning’? Where the learning experience of every child is at the heart of everything we do?
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Year who has the highest expectations of both themselves and the students they teach and support. If you provide high quality, innovative teaching with an abundance of pastoral care, then we can offer you a modern, career advancing opportunity with the chance to work with other outstanding teachers to join us in September 2019,
In our first year alone we accumulated a haul of awards including the ‘EQ’ equalities award, the Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award, a Pearson Teaching Awards Certificate of Excellence and more recently, Prince’s Teaching Institute Mark – an organisation that promotes education for all. In addition, we were delighted to be featured in the Parliamentary Review 2017, showcasing best practice in education nationwide and more recently welcomed an Ofsted inspection on 7th May which we are extremely excited to share the results of once the report become available.
As we continue to trailblaze our success, the future for Pinner High School is bright and exciting!
What you can offer:
- A good honors degree and QTS in relevant subject (PE specialism preferred).
- A collaborative, supportive approach to pastoral care.
- Lesson plans which excite and stretch all students.
- A shared passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
- A high expectation of self and others.
Reasons to work at Pinner High school:
- The opportunity to help shape KS4 GCSE
- Excellent CPD opportunities including schools within the Trust across the Borough.
- Access to the Harrow Collegiate Teaching School Alliance.
- The opportunity to develop subject curriculum.
- The opportunity to contribute to extra-curricular activities as part of the ‘Heads Challenge’ scheme – our own Duke of Edinburgh style award.
- The opportunity to work with a supportive, collaborative leadership team, open to new ideas and policies to feed into the school’s growth and development.
- Room for progression.
To find out why we’re so proud of Pinner High School, visit our website www.pinnerhighschool.org or check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or our You Tube channel: https://youtu.be/OgKGh7vBfJw
If Pinner High School sounds like it is right for you:
- Download the application form, complete and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a personal statement explaining why you want to work with us and why you are the best person for the role.
- CV's strictly not accepted.
- We would particularly like to encourage applications from women to promote diversity in the PE department but is strictly not limited to.
- Interviews to be held on Friday 24th May 2019
Pinner High School and Harrow Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For more information about our safeguarding policies, please visit our school website: