Head of Year
Required for 1st September 2017.
Scale 2C, 36 hours per week, term time only plus 5 INSET days.
Actual salary £17,739.00 - £19,453.00
Buile Hill Visual Arts College is an 11 - 16, co-educational, fully comprehensive community school, serving the inner -city community of Salford. It is a rapidly improving school, which has a growing reputation in the area.
All of our year groups are expanding quickly and we are currently oversubscribed in year 7 and expect this to work through to all year groups. In September 2008, we moved into a new building. We were last inspected in October 2012 and we were delighted with the ‘Good’ judgment which was well deserved recognition for the progress we had made as a school.
On our journey forward, we are looking for:
- · An enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic Head of Year, to join our dedicated and committed Pastoral Team.
- · A self-motivated, energetic individual who has proven leadership skills along with the ability to communicate with people from all walks of life.
- · Someone who possesses exceptional literacy skills, works well under pressure, is able to meet deadlines, use their own initiative and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- · An enthusiastic and innovative team player dedicated to sharing good practice and taking full advantage of all opportunities to develop their leadership skills.
- · An inclusive individual, with high expectations of their students, who is committed to maximising rates of progress.
- · Someone with a sense of humour, who understands the importance of developing a positive culture in our organisation and is totally committed to the concept of distributed leadership.
We will guarantee:
- · You will be supported but challenged.
- · Provided with the very best CPD on offer from the abundance of talented staff working within the school, as well as external experts seconded to work with us to maintain objectivity in school.
- · A stimulating and friendly working environment where every member of staff is valued and makes a significant contribution to the Buile Hill Family.
- · Working with honest, aspirational students, who are full of character and have a lot of potential.
- · Support from creative and innovative colleagues that will ensure your professional practice continues to develop in-line with national standards.
If you feel you share our values, have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that students fulfil their potential, then we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Application forms can be obtained from:
Mrs. J. Derbyshire
Buile Hill Visual Arts College
Eccles Old Road
at the following email address email@example.com or please download the application pack directly from our website www.builehill.salford.sch.uk
The closing date for all applications is Friday 7th July 2017 at 8.00am, with interviews taking place on Wednesday 12th July 2017 from 8:30am. (Please not interviews will last all day).
The school is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff/volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to two satisfactory references, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, medical clearance, evidence of essential qualifications and proof of right to work in the UK.