To commence Easter or September 2020
We are seeking an outstanding teacher, with the potential to become an excellent pastoral leader and role model, to lead a team of tutors and oversee a year group of approximately 220 students. The successful candidate will lead a team of tutors and be responsible for the overall welfare and care of students in that year group, linking pastoral and curriculum priorities to get the very best outcomes for every young person.
We would welcome an application if you:
- Are committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can.
- Can raise attainment through outstanding teaching and the promotion of a culture of high expectations.
- Have a passion for providing the highest quality pastoral care.
- Have the ability to lead and maintain good discipline and standards of behaviour.
- Have the skills to lead, manage and enthuse a team of staff.
- Are committed to your own professional development.
- A competitive salary (London Fringe Pay Scale).
- Two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period.
- Friday afternoon non-contact time.
- Priority admissions criteria for children of staff (see application pack).
- Interest-free travel/relocation loan.
- On-site gym.
- Professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
Hinchley Wood is an inclusive, high achieving and highly sought after school with 1,350 students on roll including 270 in our 6th form. Located on the borders of SW London, we pride ourselves on celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. In 2019 our Progress 8 score of +0.75 put us in the top 5% of schools nationally, and we are in the 200 top performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs. Our 6th Form value added score of +0.28 also puts us in the top 100 schools nationally.
Please contact us if you have any questions prior to applying or would like to visit the school on 0208 398 7161 or via email: email@example.com Application packs, giving information about the role, department, school and how to apply can be downloaded here or visit our website: http://www.hinchleywoodschool.co.uk/57/vacancies
Closing date: 9am, Monday 9 December 2019.
Interviews are provisionally planned for Friday 13 December 2019.
We encourage early interest in this role.
Hinchley Wood Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.