We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, inspiring and articulate leader to to join our Extended Leadership as Head of Year. This is an exciting opportunity to take a year group through five years of their education and make a significant impact on students’ outcomes and life chances. It would suit an ambitious teacher with some leadership experience, who has established themselves as an excellent classroom practitioner and is now seeking the opportunity to take on a more senior leadership role.
We are passionate about teaching and learning and would love to hear from you if you share our belief in the power of education to transform lives. If you are ready for the next step in your career and are dedicated to bringing positive outcomes for all young people then this could be the perfect role for you.
The College is a close community with a shared desire to be the best we can be. We are committed the professional development of our staff and invest heavily in ensuring our teachers grow and flourish as practitioners.
· the opportunity to be part of an Extended Leadership Team that leads on college improvement;
· excellent professional development and a wide range of professional opportunities, including significant leadership development opportunities;
· a high level of support for all new staff;
· the opportunity to work alongside excellent practitioners across the College;
· an exciting and stimulating, friendly place to work;
· a modern, purpose-built building and excellent facilities.
· be an exceptional and innovative classroom practitioner, who is able to teach a subject that sits within our curriculum at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5;
· be committed to working in a close, collaborative team;
· be able to use a strong understanding of teaching and learning to ensure that students in your year group are being well supported to succeed;
· be enthusiastic about giving young people the best possible start in life.
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 School with a bilateral stream. We are a friendly, caring school which puts the needs of our children at the heart of all we do.
For further details about the post, including details of how to apply, please contact Nadine Osborne, PA to the Principal: email@example.com or visit http://www.thespirescollege.com/about/job-vacancies
The closing date for applications is 3pm on Friday 26 January 2018. Interviews 30 January 2018.