Wood Green School is seeking to appoint a dynamic and positive leader with the desire to contribute significantly to our school ethos. Wood Green School is an oversubscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, and everything is underpinned by our LearnWELL values. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications.
Wood Green School enjoys a strong reputation for developing ‘well-rounded, caring citizens’ (Ofsted March 2019). The Heads of Year each have responsibility for creating a year group, within the wider values of the school, in which every student can flourish. They have a passion for students’ achievements and wellbeing across the year group. We are seeking a new member of this team who wants to make a real difference to the lives of all the young people in their year group.
The postholder will
• be a talented teacher with a passion for their specialist subject
• demonstrate the skills and qualities required to inspire and lead students and colleagues
• be committed to including all students in the success of the school
Wood Green can offer:
• A strong commitment to pastoral development
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who want to succeed
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and as part of the Acer Multi-Academy Trust.
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
To apply for this post, please complete:
1. An application form, including your experience and success as a teacher of your specialist subject(s)
2. A letter that includes:
• your reasons for applying for this post,
• your relevant experience,
• the ethos that you would wish to develop for your year group if appointed and how you would go about developing this.
Your application form and letter should be submitted to Faith Green at email@example.com
The closing date is 12pm Wednesday 24th April 2019
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.