We are looking for an outstanding individual, who can lead us into the next stage of our exciting journey and build on the success already experienced by our school.
Rated ‘good’ by Ofsted in July 2016, we are a friendly, supportive school. We want to ‘ensure that children achieve and maximise their potential by providing an environment where they feel happy, safe and listened to’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional, forward-thinking person who has the skills and ambition to take overall responsibility for the leadership, care, education and success of Belvedere Infant and Nursery School and to steer the school onto the next stage of its journey.
The main priorities are to:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership to ensure a culture of excellence
- Have clarity of thought and resilience to steer the school onto the next stage of its journey
- Be completely committed to the development of both students and staff
- Ensure all children have the opportunity to reach their full potential
- Protect and safeguard all children, and be responsible for the health and safety of everyone on the school premises
- Control costs with a ‘Best Value’ approach to maintain a healthy school budget
A strong and enthusiastic staff team will support you, working alongside a committed and experienced governing body.
We would welcome applications from experienced Head teachers or senior leaders with a proven record of success, who will build on the many strengths of the school and drive our vision.
The whole school community is looking forward to welcoming a Head Teacher who will:
- Be inspirational, leading by example and with integrity to build strong relationships and enthuse the whole school community in all aspects of school life;
- Be an enthusiastic and highly motivated practitioner who understands how children learn and can support others to deliver excellent teaching through modelling and coaching;
- Put our children at the heart of all they do with a genuine desire to motivate everyone to succeed and develop a love of learning;
- Be committed to their own and others’ professional development; and
- Have demonstrable experience across the primary age-range.
If you are passionate about making a difference for every child, value diversity, respect difference and have the skills to build upon the strengths of our staff team, we would love you to apply for this post.
Belvedere Infant and Nursery School is a successful three-form entry school in Belvedere, South East London. Our friendly, welcoming school with dedicated staff serves a diverse community and provides a wonderful start to our children's education.
This excellent opportunity has arisen due to our current Head Teacher’s decision to retire at the end of the summer term.
Find out more: www.belvedereinfants.co.uk
Belvedere Infant and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other pre-employment checks.
This post is considered to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the person specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.