Woodgate Primary School is located in the great City of Birmingham and is based in Bartley Green. The school has a higher than average number of pupils and currently has approximately 381 pupils ranging from four to eleven years. The school is a mixed community school and we provide a secure, exciting, and challenging learning environment.
We are seeking to appoint a Head Teacher who can bring to the school enthusiasm, inspiration, and dedication. We wish to appoint an individual that has an excellent track record in leadership, vision and strategic planning to improve and develop the future of Woodgate Primary School.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a track record of strategic planning
- Has a clear vision and strong commitment to school improvement and excellence
- Has high expectations, focusing on raising achievement and standards across the whole school
- Has a proven track record of effective leadership and management
- Has the ability to lead, manage and inspire pupils and staff alike
- Works well in partnership with all key stakeholders (e.g. Local Authority, BEP, School Governors, Parents, Pupils, and the wider community)
- Will maintain and build on existing strengths and good practice
- Will promote inclusion and diversity
- Will develop an innovative, creative approach to learning and teaching
- Will build networks with the school community and share good practice
- Is an excellent communicator who will be an effective advocate for the school in the wider community
- Will continue to ensure effective safeguarding is in place
- A strong ethos and vision
- Dedicated, friendly and creative staff
- Children that are talented, happy and want to achieve
- A school that has good open space
- An established network with other schools and partnership working
- An opportunity to develop the school and the staff
- A safe learning environment for children, which is at the core of all that we do
- Excellent support for, and from parents
- A school that promotes the welfare, wellbeing and safeguarding in all that we do
- An enthusiastic and willing Governing Board
- Room to grow and improve
Tours of the school will be held on Thursday 17th November 2016 and Tuesday 22nd November 2016 at 11.15am. Please contact the school to confirm attendance.
Closing Date: Friday 2 December 2016, 12 noon
Interviews: Tuesday 10 January 2017.
For further details and application form please contact the Response Handling Unit on 0121 464 6488 (24 hour answerphone) or email CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk quoting ref: ES1880TB.
Woodgate Primary School,