The vacancy arises upon the appointment to another post of Mrs Victoria Kelly at the end of the Spring Term 2017.
Colmers Farm Primary School is a two form-entry mixed primary school for pupils aged 4 – 11 years, which currently approximately 420 pupils on roll.
This is an incredibly exciting and challenging time for the school following the recent re-designation of a separate infant school and junior school, housed in the same building, to an all-through primary school.
The successful candidate will be a motivational and inspirational leader with the experience, vision and skills to work with Governors and staff to lead the school through the continuing journey of transformation towards excellence.
At Colmers Farm Primary School we want our pupils to be confident, happy and independent enabling them to reach their full potential both academically and socially. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community where everyone is made to feel welcome and valued.
We aim to:
- Foster a sense of belonging, enjoyment and enthusiasm for learning within a supportive community.
- Provide a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum, providing opportunities for children to develop both essential skills as well as healthy attitudes towards learning.
- Provide a safe, caring and happy environment where every child is valued regardless of race, religion, gender or disability.
- Encourage awareness of our school as a community within the wider community we serve.
- Maximise the partnership potential between home and school by valuing the contribution both make towards the development of our pupils.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the appointment at the beginning of the Summer Term 2017
Informal contact with the school is most welcome. Visits can be arranged by contacting the school.
Closing date: 9am Monday 9 January 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 January 2017
For further details and application form, please contact the Response Handling Unit on 0121 464 6488 (24 hour answerphone) or via email to CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk
Quoting reference E1886
Colmers Farm Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
Colmers Farm Primary, Leybrook Road, Belton Grove, Rubery, Birmingham, B45 9PB
Tel: 0121 464 3234
Chair of Governors: Mrs Valerie Seabright
Head Teacher: Mrs Victoria Kelly