Focus Kenley & Carshalton Campus is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, respected and truly inspirational practitioner to lead our school.
As Trustees, we recognise the importance of continuous upward development, therefore the Head Teacher we are looking to appoint must have the vision, energy and leadership skills to achieve this. The successful candidate will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and be passionate about influencing educational best practice, to lead remarkable learning.
Focus Schools are part of a network that is on a global scale and the support offered by Focus Learning Trust is truly an advantage. The experience is on an international level and we meet both locally and internationally to exchange ideas and projects.
Kenley and Carshalton Focus School is one of the largest of the Focus network in the UK. We pride ourselves in the development of learning opportunities from year 3 to A level and have enjoyed some outstanding successes in GCSE & A Level.
Our goal is to reach outstanding in all areas and to become a leading edge school.
- Continually raise student aspiration, attainment and progress through improvement in the quality of teaching and learning across the key stages
- Provide leadership, inspiration and management, and model outstanding teaching practice
- Ensure the effective implementation of the curriculum including the development and well-being of the individual learner
- Consistently manage and improve the performance of the teaching staff to enhance the delivery of an inspiring quality curriculum leading to better outcomes for all
- Uphold and promulgate the Focus ethos and high moral values across all areas of the school
- Maintain orderly systems for student management and day-to-day organisation
- Promote and model positive, effective communications and relationships with all stakeholders
We are looking for:
- A bold and decisive Head Teacher (we would consider an experienced Senior Leader wishing to take up their first headship)
- A dedicated, hardworking professional with a relentlessly positive, solution-focused outlook
- An individual with high personal integrity and professionalism
- An organised, digitally competent person, able to plan and secure school improvement
- An approach to student progress that ensures all are supported to fulfil their potential
- A well-presented, articulate speaker
- A leader who respects the school’s ethos, aims and values
- An excellent working environment with good resources
- Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
- Dedicated and talented staff who are keen to build on our high standards
- Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
- Active and committed parents and carers
- A supportive and involved community
- The opportunity to enhance your educational experience with support for continued professional development
- Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, via our unique 3 x 5 CPD scheme
At the Kenley Campus we seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of the school.
Please visit our website: http://kenleyandcarshalton.focus-school.com/ for further information relating to the Campus.
We welcome visits to the school prior to application. For more information, a confidential chat, or to apply, please contact our recruitment partners: Steve Pugh or Matthew Hackett at TSC Education on 01562 881 007.
Please also follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with all the latest exciting news and opportunities at Focus Schools.
This vacancy will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Affiliated to Focus Learning Trust which provides direction and support to 25 UK schools. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced with Barred List Disclosure.