Options Autism Service is looking to appoint a Head Teacher who is enthusiastic, reliable and committed with passion to work with our pupils. In return, we are offering a salary of £70,000 - £80,000 per annum, depending on experience. Based in Epping our school is within easy commute of Cheshunt, Enfield, Harlow, Chigwell, and surrounding areas.
Options Autism Service is providing a new specialist day provision for 62 children and young people aged 7-19. We are a specialist provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC), learning disabilities and complex needs. We are seeking an exceptional educational practitioner to open, shape and lead a new specialist day provision. As Head Teacher of this brand new provision that we are at the early stages of creating you will design the curriculum and environment from scratch in order to meet the individual needs of the children and young people and produce positive outcomes. With the support of the Head of Service, you will be instrumental in the staff recruitment and setup of the school in advance of opening in autumn 2020.
You will ensure the school has effective management and the required team capability to continually improve as the school grows. As Head Teacher, you will be expected to create a shared vision and strategic plan which inspires and motivates both our students and staff, whilst driving through the School Improvement Plan to establish a Centre of Excellence. With strong leadership skills at a senior level, you will work in collaboration with other senior managers in the group to provide a service that is focussed on high quality and positive outcomes for all of the learners.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis, working Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
Following a thorough induction, the main duties of this role will include:
- Leading the pursuits and development of the School on a daily basis.
- Utilising personal experiences and knowledge to ensure strategies for the campus are continually in line with authority requirements and national standards.
- Establishing that a consistent, constant and well-maintained curriculum is delivered to all pupils to assure academic targets are achieved.
- Working alongside the Regional Manager, Chair of Governors and the board to promote and enhance the future growth of the service.
Key Skills Required
- Ideally, with previous experience as a Head Teacher, applicants must also meet and evidence the following criteria:-
- Relevant teaching qualification with proven experience as Headteacher or Deputy Head Teacher
- Experience of working with children and young people with ASC or similar
- Thorough understanding and experience of both Independent Schools Standards and OFSTED inspections
- Financially aware, with experience of managing budgets effectively to ensure cost efficiencies
- Experience of working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Leadership skills with previous experience of leading and developing a team
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Experience of interacting and engaging with stakeholders within school and beyond
If you are a dynamic and dedicated individual looking for a career as a Head Teacher, please apply immediately. In return, we offer a salary between £70,000 – £80,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus excellent company benefits.
This position is due to commence in April 2020. An earlier or a later start could be possible. The school will be opening in autumn 2020 once DfE approval has been secured.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Please note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers PayScale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Options is part of the Outcomes First Group, the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date