‘The L.E.A.D. Academy Trust is one of the strongest sponsors operating in the East Midlands, with a track record of successfully improving underperforming schools...' Department for Education, 29 May 2015, Leicester Mercury
Da Vinci Academy is a secondary academy with just over 550 students on roll in Derby. The school converted to academy status as part of L.E.A.D Academy Trust in April 2017.
The Academy places its students at the heart of all that they do. Due to the size of the school, it is a close knit community where every student is known and treated by the committed staff as an individual. The Academy is rightly proud of its strong links with a wide range of partners, including parents, Toyota, Derby University and the Quad
The school is now part of L.E.A.D. Academy Trust, recently named by Ofsted's Chief Inspector, Sir Michael Wilshaw, as a "high performer" and is listed among the seven strong performing multi-academy trusts in the HMCI October commentary report; stating that it should be used as an example to others.
This is both an exciting and challenging time for Da Vinci Academy’s future development. Since joining L.E.A.D Academy Trust, the academy has been on a journey of securing improvement. Underpinned by the positive support it has so far received from L.E.A.D., – but with there is more to be achieved to secure good standards across all areas. All stakeholders have the highest expectations and aspirations for the future of the academy.
There is now an opportunity to appoint an exceptional new leader. You may be a Deputy Head teacher/Vice Principal with the energy and enthusiasm for the challenge ahead. As leader of the academy you will need to build on the existing progress made, and further drive urgent transformational change and improvement. You will be responsible for leading, inspiring, motivating and supporting students, staff and the wider community in the next phase of the academy’s ongoing development.
We are now looking for an aspirational, inspirational and exceptional leader who can deliver the improvements necessary whilst bringing with them an enthusiasm and rigour to build on the work already underway.
To become the new Head teacher, you will have:
- A proven successful track record of sustained improvement and senior leadership experience;
- The ability to lead and deliver rapid progress, ensuring success for all students;
- The strategic expertise, innovation and drive to help develop the exciting plans that are in place for the academy’s future development;
- Transformational leadership skills with a commitment to student achievement;
- The skill to develop and embed a culture and ethos that promotes excellence, equality, high expectations and aspirations of all students and the wider community;
- The creativity and vision to engage, inspire and lead change but also the focus to ensure successful outcomes are achieved;
- A clear and committed strategic vision, combined with highly effective communication skills that will inspire, motivate and lead all key stakeholders and the wider community forward for further success;
For the academy to improve and fulfil its full potential there is a recognition that there are significant challenges ahead. This is a rare opportunity to lead a highly ambitious yet caring learning community, which is committed to a challenging path to deliver the very best education for all its students.
If you posses the vision to inspire students, staff and the wider school community, and the leadership skills to support this vision please contact Chris Gartner at Hays Leadership (details below).
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role or to discuss the application process please contact Chris Gartner at Hays Leadership Appointments on 07595646645 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use any online “Apply” facilities.
Closing date: Tuesday 17th October at 9:00 am
Interviews: Friday 20th October
Da Vinci Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
Da Vinci Academy – Part of the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust - St Andrew's View
Breadsall, Derby , DE21 4ET