Roundswell Community Primary Academy is a brand new school currently undergoing construction in the community of Roundswell, Barnstaple close to the North Devon coast, which will open initially to support early years children from 1st September 2020. The school will have a new purpose built building and numbers are planned to rise to become a two form entry school with a school nursery. Applications are invited for the post of Head Teacher with responsibility for the strategic and day-to-day leadership and management of the school.
This is a great opportunity to become the first Head teacher of this new free school, which is being built to serve a large community, Roundswell, which hitherto has not had its own school.
You will be working with the CEO of the Tarka Learning Partnership, the partnership Head teachers, the Local Governing Body, staff, children and parents to ensure excellence through both high quality education and support for children.
You will have the opportunity to shape the future of the school and recruit the staff from early 2020. The post commences in April 2020, which will give the successful candidate an opportunity to prepare and shape the school.
The School will offer:-
- A new world of opportunity for staff and children
- A Trust that supports and develops people through opportunities and CPD
- A Staff and Trust team who will support you all the way
- The support of a Teaching School – Devon Teaching School Partnership and Devon Primary SCITT
- A Board of Directors and Local Governing Body who will support your ideas and vision
- A Trust community which is outward facing, receptive to change and poised to enter a new era of development
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to coach, celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
- Have a positive, resilient and optimistic approach; be proactive and confident
- Be able to build relationships quickly
- Have an active interest in educational issues, approaches and alternatives from around the world
- Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful
- Have the ability to be a team player and leader who will go the extra mile to support children and families
- Be committed to partnership, collaboration and sharing
The North Devon area is one of the best places to live in Britain, with:-
- Fantastic environment to live in
- Welcoming people
- Low crime area
- Reasonable house prices
- Clean air fresh from the Atlantic
- Two moors – Exmoor and Dartmoor
- The best beaches in the country!
- Fantastic outdoors for hiking, camping, cycling, sailing, watersports etc.
- Good links to Exeter, Bristol and London including airports
Roundswell Community Primary Academy, a partner in the Tarka Learning Partnership, has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS. The Trust values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all.
All application materials are available at www.roundswellprimary.devon.sch.uk and www.tarkatrust.org.uk
Applications must be submitted by Monday 28th October 2019 noon.
Visits to the Tarka Learning Partnership are welcome.
Interviews will be held on: 11th and 12th November 2019.