Number on Roll: 209
Work with us to enhance one of East Sussex's most popular primary schools.
Western Road Community Primary School is seeking an inspirational school leader to help us move the school from good to outstanding. Strong characteristics for you to build on include:
- the recognition of the need for development of the whole child - academically, physically, socially, spiritually and emotionally;
- enthusiastic, engaged children who are keen to learn and are proud of their school;
- a safe and inclusive, single-form learning environment;
- a strong community feel with an active parent body and keenly supportive governing body;
- a 'good' Ofsted rating in 2012 and 2016, with continued classification as a Category 2 school by ESCC; and
- an enviable location in the historic town of Lewes in the South Downs National Park, close to Brighton and just an hour direct to London.
We are seeking a head teacher who brings:
- innovative, supportive and empowering leadership and communication skills with a vision that inspires and motivates;
- passion and commitment to develop children’s learning, preparing them to be happy adults in a changing world; and
- high expectations of all children and staff.
Along with Priory Secondary School, Western Road Community Primary School is a founding member of the Lewes Co-operative Learning Partnership. Established in 2014, the Trust is a developing collaboration bringing Lewes schools together to support the education of our young people. The WRS Head Teacher is expected to participate in representing the school in the Trust, seeking the most strategic and appropriate ways for WRS to benefit from its membership and support other member schools.
For a recruitment pack please contact: Leadership.Recruitment@eastsussex.gov.uk
Please note that recruitment packs for this vacancy will only be provided directly to an individual considering applying to our school for this opportunity. This school does not enter into business with Recruitment Agencies, or other commercial organisations, on behalf of their clients seeking employment.
Please do not apply for this position via the TES on line application process, please follow the instructions in the advert and obtain and return a completed application form from the Leadership Recruitment Team.
We would be happy to accept applications from school leaders, including Headteachers, Heads of School, Deputy Head Teachers and Assistant Headteachers with relevant strong school leadership experience.
Applicants are warmly encouraged to visit the school and appointments can be made through the school office. Please visit our website for information about the school.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Friday 9 August 2019.
Interview dates: Monday 16 & Tuesday 17 September 2019.
Western Road Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Western Road CP School and East Sussex County Council are equal opportunity employers. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.