Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097856
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Port Hacking High School
Principal Network Port Hacking
Staffing Area Sutherland
FTE 1.000Contact Name Sharyn Gilliland
Contact Phone number 02 9531 3916
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Port Hacking High School has a population of 1153 students with strong connections to its community. The school emphasises a balanced education for all students, with a focus on academic achievement along with extra–curricular opportunities in sport and creative and performing arts. The expert staff support all students to strive to achieve to their potential. The school produces well–rounded and respectful young men and women who have the knowledge, skills and values needed to shape their lives and contribute productively to 21st Century society. Port Hacking High School provides extension classes for talented academic students, specialist support for literacy and numeracy, a special education unit, expert tuition in the performing arts, an outstanding student leadership program and high quality well–being programs that support a range of student needs. The English faculty teach a number of courses, including 7-10 English and Advanced, Standard, English Studies, EAL/D, Extension 1 and Extension 2 in Stage 6. Applicants are invited to contact the panel convenor to discuss the position.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Demonstrated experience to lead, organise, manage and inspire staff to support a culture of high expectations.
- Expert curriculum understanding to lead the development and delivery of dynamic and innovative teaching programs and assessment practices to equip future focussed learners.
- Demonstrated capacity to contribute as a member of the school’s executive, particularly in the delivery of the school’s strategic directions and system negotiated targets.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity to communicate and implement whole school priorities that nurture, promote, showcase and lead student learning opportunities.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.