The Governors of Cedars Manor Primary School are looking to recruit a Headteacher following the decision of our current Headteacher to retire this summer. This is a fantastic opportunity for either an existing Headteacher or a highly experienced Deputy Headteacher with a proven record in school improvement and strong leadership skills, to lead our school.
Situated in the heart of Wealdstone, our school is a thriving and inclusive Local Authority maintained school. We currently have just under 500 pupils that reflects the diverse culture of the local community. Our school occupies a large site, we have a brand new state of the art building, and there is plenty of outdoor space for our pupils. Additionally, we have a small resource base for pupils who are hearing impaired, and we have strong links with the neighbouring Children’s Centre.
Our school is popular locally with families and is the first choice of school for most of our pupils. The school was judged to be ‘Good’ by Ofsted in November 2019. This is an exciting opportunity at a challenging time to join and lead our school as we strive to continue our journey of improving excellence and raising standards.
We are looking for a Headteacher who
· Can provide dynamic leadership to drive the school further forward on its journey to ‘Outstanding’
· Can secure and sustain outstanding teaching and learning embracing new developments and changes in the educational landscape
· Is able to plan strategically and create a longer-term vision for our school
· Is passionate about making a positive difference to our pupils’ lives within a culturally diverse and inclusive environment; someone who is ambitious for all our pupils
· Is empathetic, yet empowering; someone who works well in collaboration with other schools and with other relevant service providers
· Has strong interpersonal skills and is a good communicator
· Has experience in coaching others and so facilitating and securing the best from all stakeholders
· Is resilient, adaptable and able to deal with complexity and challenge
· Is outward looking and strong on innovation and able to keep up with cutting edge developments in pedagogy and leadership techniques
We can offer
· A school with a real sense of community and inclusivity; where everyone works together to secure the best outcomes for our pupils
· Happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils who are keen to learn
· Supportive, dedicated, hardworking and friendly staff who are committed to the school’s further improvement
· A strong Governing Body who provide both challenge and support
· A large site with a new building and plenty of outdoor space
· Strong partnerships with other local schools
· A commitment to support your induction to this role as well as continuous professional development
An application pack is available using the link below.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send an invite out for a virtual meeting with a member of the Senior Leadership Team. You can also phone to arrange this on 0208 428 5845
For further information about our school, please visit our website:
Cedars Manor is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We require all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks. References will be sought and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).
Cedars Manor is an equal opportunities employer and promotes the elimination of discrimination in employment. If you do have a disability and would need us to make any adjustments, if shortlisted, for you to attend interview, then please do let us know when you submit your application.
Please send completed application forms to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 8th February
Shortlisting to take place the week beginning 8/2/2021
Interviews to be held (virtually) on Wednesday 24th February
Start date: 1st September 2021.
Cedars Manor School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 12 years