Knowsley Central School is a thriving, ambitious and forward thinking school based in the Huyton area of Knowsley providing education for 92+ pupils who have complex needs including learning difficulties, autism, social, emotional and mental health difficulties and each has either a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education Health Care Plan. There continues to be a high demand for places and the school is currently oversubscribed. Knowsley Central School currently offers special needs education from early years through to KS3. The school has seen an increase in demand for places for pupils with autism and the school, in liaison with the Local Authority, has responded to this by adding a KS3 provision, recruiting specialist staff and investing in CPD. Governors have a clear commitment to continue responding to this demand and developing expertise further in the future.
The school also has a well-established Learning Support Team offered through a bespoke traded services model which has been a highly valued service since it was established in 1990. This includes integrated support for mainstream school pupils who are experiencing some degree of difficulty. Currently we support 27 primary schools in the Huyton and Kirkby areas and also offer part-time provision within our school setting for pupils with literacy difficulties.
We were judged “Outstanding in all key areas” by Ofsted for the fourth consecutive inspection and the school was designated a Teaching School in March 2016 and has achieved this success by always striving to improve. It now requires a Head teacher who can continue to lead further developments and bring fresh challenge and ideas.
The role offers the opportunity to:
- Make a significant contribution to the lives of a wonderful group of children and young people
- To build on the holistic offer
- Lead a dedicated, hard working and highly skilled team of staff
- Work in partnership with parents/ carers, families and the wider community
- Further develop our school with a committed, supportive and pro-active Governing Body
- Enhance and further build on partnerships through the Teaching School and Learning Support Service which offer opportunities to extend partnerships beyond Knowsley.
The successful candidate will have:
- The drive and creativity to lead this outstanding school, learning support service and teaching school
- Outstanding leadership and inter personal skills with a proven track record to review and evaluate the work of the school
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working with children with a wide range of special needs and specifically ASC and SEMH
- Proven record in leading the quality of teaching, learning and assessment
If you are successful senior leader with experience in SEN, have a proven track record of sustained improvement and a determination to maximise what the role offers then this is an excellent opportunity to challenge yourself in a new environment. Highly motivated and driven applicants should have the creativity and vision to inspire and lead change but also have the focus to ensure successful outcomes are reached. You will need a ‘can-do’ attitude that can inspire and engage pupils, parents/carers, staff and other stake holders.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed at the following dates and times
- Friday 15 September – 11:00 am to 12:00 noon
- Tuesday 19 September 9:30 am to 10:30 am
- Thursday 21 September 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
To arrange a visit please contact Mrs Pam Bellis, Business Manager 0151 477 8450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25th September 2017
Further information about the post including, how to apply, job description, person specification and application forms are available from the “About Us” section of the school website www.knowsleycentral.co.uk
Knowsley Central School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK
Knowsley Central School
Mossbrow Road, Huyton, Liverpool L36 7SY