Due to the retirement of the current Head Teacher after 14 years of service to the College and also the retirement of the Head of School the Governors of St Francis Xavier’s College, Liverpool are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Head teacher with a proven track record in school improvement who has the vision to continue to build on the excellent foundations that have been laid down in recent years.
St Francis Xavier’s College is a successful and popular 11 – 18 boys Catholic Academy of 1200 pupils with a mixed 6th form. The College has a history going back to 1842 and has a strong Catholic based Christian ethos. Students at the College are encouraged to achieve their full potential through the mission statement of “…life in all its fullness” (John 10, 10). The College believes in developing the rounded individual so that students are prepared for life academically, spiritually, morally and socially. The College is supported by the Brothers of Christian Instruction who act as Trustees. Their aim “to make Jesus well known” is brought to life by all in the College.
The successful candidate will be:
· A practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
· An inspirational and visionary leader with a passion for teaching and learning
· An excellent motivator, communicator and role model to staff and pupils
· Able to demonstrate successful leadership and management skills and have relevant experience in school improvement
· Enthusiastic and have the ability to inspire staff to meet the academic and pastoral needs of our pupils
· Able to Lead the College forward as a “Good’ and ultimately ‘Outstanding’ school
· Have a good knowledge of current educational issues with the ability to plan strategically and financially
In return St Francis Xavier’s will offer you:
· A Catholic, comprehensive, high-performing school
· A highly committed leadership team and dedicated staff
· A committed, supportive and challenging Governing Body
· A consistently oversubscribed school
· Enthusiastic pupils who behave well who are keen to succeed
· A warm and caring working environment
· A school that has benefited from a multi-million pound investment over the last 2 years
Tours of the school by arrangement, please contact the Clerk to Governors, Mrs Banks on 0151 288 1000 .
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
St Francis Xavier’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application pack can also be found on our website http://www.sfx.liverpool.sch.uk/download_category/recruitment/ and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: Apply by 12.00 noon on Monday 30 October 2017 to start September 2018
Interviews 9 – 10 November 2017
Salary: ISR L35 to L39 (£90,773 to £100,072) Salary is negotiable within the range for an exceptional candidate
Location: St Francis Xavier’s College, Liverpool
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent