St. Francis Xavier’s College
“…life in all its fullness”
A CATHOLIC ACADEMY
ISR L35 to L39 (£90,773 to £102,072) depending on experience
Required 1 September 2018
Due to the retirement of the current Head Teacher the Governors of St Francis Xavier’s College, Liverpool are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Head teacher who is an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of successful leadership and management.
St Francis Xavier’s College is a successful and popular 11 – 18 boys Catholic Academy of 1200 pupils with a mixed 6th form. The College has a history going back to 1842 and has a strong Catholic based Christian ethos. Students at the College are encouraged to achieve their full potential through the mission statement of “…life in all its fullness” (John 10, 10). The College believes in developing the rounded individual so that students are prepared for life academically, spiritually, morally and socially. The College is supported by the Brothers of Christian Instruction who act as Trustees. Their aim “to make Jesus well known” is brought to life by all in the College.
In addition to the focus on academic achievement the school also offers a wide range of extracurricular activities and is well respected in the city for its achievements.
The successful candidate will be:
· A practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
· An inspirational and visionary leader with a passion for teaching and learning
· An excellent motivator, communicator and role model to staff and pupils
· Able to demonstrate successful leadership and management skills and have relevant experience in school improvement
· Enthusiastic and have the ability to inspire staff to meet the academic and pastoral needs of our pupils
· Able to Lead the College forward as a “Good’ and ultimately ‘Outstanding’ school
· Have a good knowledge of current educational issues with the ability to plan strategically and financially
In return St Francis Xavier’s will offer you:
· A Catholic, comprehensive, high-performing school
· A highly committed leadership team and dedicated staff
· A committed, supportive and challenging Governing Body
· Enthusiastic pupils who behave well who are keen to succeed
A warm and caring working environment
Tours of the school by arrangement, please contact the Office Manager, Mrs Banks on 0151 288 1000
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
St Francis Xavier’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Application forms should be returned to: Mrs M Black, Business Manager, St Francis Xavier’s College, Woolton Hill Road, Woolton, Liverpool, L25 6EG or by email to: email@example.com
For further information, please visit the school’s website: http://www.sfx.liverpool.sch.uk/download_category/recruitment/ Closing date: 22nd January 2018 at 3.30 pm Interviews will take place: 22nd and 23rd February 2018