Hours 37.5 per week
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
What happens when you combine an innovative curriculum, state of the art, brand new facilities with first-class teaching skills and an absolute focus on meeting the individual needs of young people with social, emotional and mental health and/or a range of complex learning and communication difficulties?
You get Talocher School, part of Priory Education and Children’s Services – the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and care.
Talocher School offers education for 55 day pupils age 7-19. The school is a high performing, thriving, independent special school recognised for its sector leading practice. With both the leadership and quality of care, support and guidance for all pupils graded as outstanding.
We are now looking for an exceptional, creative, inspiring and highly motivated Head Teacher to continue to drive the school to success. Ideally you will be able to:-
- Provide inspiration, motivation and vision to take the school forward.
- Provide a relentless focus on enabling all children to raise their achievement within our learning community and beyond.
- Maintain and develop the excellent existing relationships within the school and its wider community.
- Work in partnership with the operations director and your colleagues, both in the school, your regional cluster and the wider Priory network of schools to ensure the school continues to be highly regarded in all aspects of its provision.
- Have the capacity to rise to the challenge of monitoring and evaluating all aspects of school life.
- Be a team player, happy to work closely with the well-established and supportive team.
- Be resilient, dynamic and committed.
- Have an understanding of both traditional and alternative educational models.
- Have a great sense of humour! If it’s a fun place where people are happy, everyone achieves.
We are looking for an exciting, dynamic and visionary leader who will lead and manage the development of the school curriculum and individual student’s education programmes in liaison with the rest of the education team and other agencies. A detailed knowledge of the full range of national curriculum and the efficient management of the teaching team is essential. Ensuring the best possible standards are delivered and that the education delivered complies with relevant statutory regulations, guidelines, governance and quality standards.
Applications welcomed from those from in existing headship roles, assistant head, deputy head or strong middle leaders.
Along with an attractive compensation package, we can promise you Teachers Terms and Conditions including the Teachers’ Pension Scheme, an excellent induction, ongoing professional development and the kind of prospects you would expect from the market-leading Priory Group.
For more information or to discuss the vacancy please call Casey Payne (HR Administrator) on 01531 670632.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, or you are applying to work within our Children’s Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.