Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900100414
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Canterbury Girls High School
Principal Network Canterbury
Staffing Area St George
FTE 1.000Contact Name Belinda Conway
Contact Phone number 02 9718 1805
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Canterbury Girls High School is an inclusive and culturally diverse environment in Sydney's Inner West. This diversity is reflected in the school's population with 57% of students with a language background other than English (total student enrolment being 789). The school prides itself on being an inclusive learning environment in which difference is celebrated. The vast majority of students are highly engaged and enjoy attending school each day; retention rates are above the state average, and student behaviour is excellent. The diversity of the student population mandates differentiated curriculum patterns to enable student needs to be comprehensively addressed. Differentiation and extension are ongoing curriculum priorities for all stages. Elective lines for Years 8-12 are determined by student choices, and student voice is a central focus within the school. Value adding for the school in relation to student growth in State and National assessments is uniformly excellent and is a testament to the strong home-school partnerships the school enjoys.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
1)The capacity to lead, mentor and coach staff in ongoing processes of development of deep knowledge and pedagogy and create opportunities to develop staff skills across a diversity of career stages.
2) Communicate and engage the school community through a range of broad strategies and programs, evaluating and acting on feedback to build the confidence and capacity of students.
3) Support the development of creative, differentiated and engaging pedagogy, and the modelling of high expectations to develop the potential of all students.
4) Collaborate with multiple school teams to support the vision and growth of the school.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.