Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097952
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Holroyd High School
Principal Network Girraween
Staffing Area Fairfield
FTE 1.000Contact Name Kylie Adams
Contact Phone number 96319410
Closing Date 14-Apr-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Holroyd High School is a small, successful comprehensive high school with a current enrolment of 476 students 7-12, including 86% non-English speaking backgrounds.
The school has a strong focus on Visible Learning and high expectations in a safe, inclusive and supportive environment which enables all students to grow and progress as learners. The school has an Intensive English Centre for newly arrived students of non-English speaking background and a support unit for students with an intellectual disability and/or autism. The school receives equity funding to support students from low socio-economic backgrounds and we aim to support the needs of all learners through research, evidenced based and data informed practices.
Our Strategic Improvement Plan prioritises the following strategic directions:
1. Student Growth and Attainment with a focus on data informed practices and personalised learning, feedback and assessment to enhance student performance measures in literacy, numeracy and the Higher School Certificate. This includes targeted approaches for equity groups such as EAL/D and Aboriginal learners. There is a commitment in the school that all students demonstrate growth and make continual learning progress.
2. High Expectations with a focus on improving learning progress and achievement for all students through effective classroom practice and visible learning. Educational leadership and increased teacher collaboration through learning and development will be a focal point to drive continuous improvement and foster a culture of high expectations across the school.
3. Wellbeing and Engagement with a focus on social and emotional learning, transition and continuity of learning for all students and increased attendance and participation. Positive relationships that foster connectedness and feelings of belonging are essential for wellbeing and positively affect a student's engagement and success in learning. We provide a caring, safe and inclusive environment that focuses on quality teaching, learning and engagement where students feel genuinely supported to grow and achieve, successfully enabling students to connect, succeed and thrive at school and beyond.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval to teach and/or willingness to teach in the areas of PDHPE, Community and Family Studies, Sport Lifestyle and Recreation, and VET Sports Coaching.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead evidenced based and data informed practices focused on improving student growth and attainment.
- Proven experience in designing and delivering initiatives which recognise a diverse range of students and build strengths, passions and interests through authentic learning experiences.
- Demonstrated capacity to build the performance and development of staff with a focus on improving learning and engagement through effective classroom practice and visible learning.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with the executive team to drive school priorities and foster a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.