Exceptional opportunity for an inspirational and passionate leader
South Bank Primary is at the heart of its multicultural community. It currently supports 230 pupils with nursery places for 39 children and a 25 place SEND base, R - Y6, procured from the local authority.
It offers a great education in a friendly neighbourhood school with the highest possible aspirations for its pupils. South Bank is passionate about life-changing teaching and instilling an eagerness to learn within our pupils. We believe children should be nurtured yet challenged in a learning environment which values their uniqueness. The success of our work led to a rating of Good with outstanding features by Ofsted, whilst temporarily sited out of our catchment area for building work.
We are now looking for an exceptional and inspiring Headteacher to lead South Bank Primary school through the next chapter in its history. We are seeking to appoint a committed, caring, enthusiastic and forward thinking individual. The new leader will enter a well-established and high profile school with much to be proud of and celebrate, but we will not stop there as there is always more to do and achieve.
Through outstanding leadership, exceptional teaching alongside a creative curriculum and pastoral support we provide an inspirational environment which celebrates success and encourages pupils to strive for excellence in everything they do. Our vision is for every child at South Bank to fulfil their potential. We will do everything possible to ensure that every child achieves year level expectations and above, every year.
Joining South Bank Primary means you will be part of a team celebrating a diverse local community.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a very clear understanding of what makes an exceptional school and the skills and character required to drive this (rigorous planning, high expectations, great CPD, strong leadership, honesty, kindness, passion, commitment and resilience). You will have the ability to lead, challenge, motivate and inspire all members of the school community
- Be a great teacher themselves. As a leader of teaching, we are looking for someone who really knows what great learning looks like in the classroom and how to achieve it.
- Be fully aligned with South Banks’ values and principles, have a vision for the future and be committed to providing stability and direction moving forward, building on current success
- Have the ability to foster positive relationships and a caring and inclusive ethos within the school delivered through excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be excited by, and committed to, supporting practices that will drive great progress in our area and across the wider network of schools
- Embrace the opportunities outlined in the additional information
In return, you will work with a committed and highly skilled staff and will be given the opportunity to broaden and develop your skills. We are committed to providing staff with high-quality and regular CPD. Our children are enthusiastic, friendly, happy and are keen to learn. The governors are supportive, ambitious and committed to the school and we have strong links with the community.
We know that great schools need great senior leaders, which is why we are always keen to hear from people who share our belief that an excellent education is central to transforming lives.
South Bank Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate along with other relevant employment checks.
Governors encourage and welcome visits to school by prior arrangement. You are asked to contact Helen Hall, Headteacher at the school on 01642 453451 to arrange a visit.
Application forms can be obtained from the School Business Manager on the above number and should be returned directly to the school office or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 8 June 2018.
Shortlisting will take place on 12 June 2018.
Interviews will be held on 26 and 27 June 2018.
SOUTH BANK PRIMARY