Location Central & North Coasts - Newcastle & Hunter Valley
Advertisement Number A900097801
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Hunter Sports High School
Principal Network Glenrock
Staffing Area Lake Macquarie
FTE 1.000Contact Name Rachel Byrne
Contact Phone number 4943 5755
Closing Date 10-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Hunter Sports High School is a partially selective public high school with 890 students. The school is one of the newest and most modern schools in the state, offering a unique state-of-the-art learning environment that caters for both academic and sporting excellence. The new school, completed in February 2019, was designed to meet the unique needs of our community and features the latest technology, outdoor learning spaces and symbolic cultural elements that recognise our Indigenous students and proudly diverse school community.
As a member of the Waiyarang Community of Schools, we welcome students from local schools including Windale, Wiripaang and Mt Hutton Public Schools. The school enjoys a strong reputation for providing a supportive environment for the 21% Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander student population. We enjoy a close partnership with the local Minimbah Aboriginal Educational Group which has enhanced our inclusive programs in Aboriginal culture.
We also cater for students from around the Hunter and Central Coast regions who come to Hunter Sports High School to participate in our Talented Sports Program. Our school also caters for students with special needs with four dedicated Support Unit classes.
Hunter Sports High School staff are dedicated to improving and enriching student outcomes and have a strong commitment to providing quality teaching and learning for our students. Our broad syllabus covers traditional subjects as well as a range of electives and Vocational Education Training (VET) courses. We aim to provide a learning pathway to meet the personal needs of each individual student.
Hunter Sports High School celebrates the diversity of our students, of their abilities and their backgrounds and has a strong and supportive welfare system in place. We are proud of our school community and our many supporters who provide input and expertise for our sports programs and student groups. We are proud of our talented and experienced staff and our committed student leaders. Our students are very proud of their school, they feel valued, and that inspires them to do their best.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
1. Demonstrated ability to lead a whole school initiative and work in partnership as a member of the school executive team to develop and implement innovative teaching programs and pedagogies that address whole school strategic directions.
2. Capacity to lead a multidisciplinary science faculty and inspire excellent teaching with components of visible learning, differentiation, collaborative and project-based learning to challenge and engage all students.
3. Proven capacity to initiate and lead curriculum and professional learning that utilises data to inform practice and creates inclusive quality teaching and learning focused on improving student outcomes, in particular stage 6 courses.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.