L25 to L31
Priory School is a “Good” Ofsted rated, diverse & multi-cultural Primary Foundation School located on the outskirts of Slough. There are approximately 840 children ranging from nursery to Year 6. The school also has a Resource Unit with 71 children for pupils with complex needs.
We are looking for an outstanding Head Teacher to join us in January 2020, when our current Head Teacher retires.
We have the highest aspirations for our children and the highest expectation of our employees. We are looking for a Head Teacher that shares our view and has the skill to drive the very best outcomes for every single child in our school. Very importantly the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to build their own Senior Leadership Team to take the school forward.
To be successful you will:
- Be able to think strategically. Create a strong, clear vision for the school that builds on its strengths and addresses the areas for improvement identified in the recent Ofsted Report
- Lead and motivate and inspire a team of 150 people to achieve the best outcomes for our children
- Be highly skilled at developing outstanding teaching and learning
- Place a strong emphasis on professional development, building on the work already untaken to achieve our Gold Investors in People award
- Have an open communication style and be expected to lead by example
- Balance resources effectively in a way that maximises performance and ensures the financial sustainability of the school
- Have excellent engagement with parents, children, the team and the local community
- Continue to develop our pupils through sport and the arts, an area where the school is currently very strong
Priory School has:
- A wonderful, talented and diverse cohort of children who have an excellent attitude to learning. We have very high expectations their behaviour
- An opportunity to develop a new leadership team
- A strong strategic governing body, who will support you while giving you the freedom to manage the school effectively
- A highly successful record of training and developing staff and a strong commitment to CPD and supportive team culture
- A well-resourced curriculum
- A sensible approach to planning, marking and feedback
- Coaching and mentoring available to help you achieve your ambitions
- A commitment to work/life balance (including free weekly yoga and boot camp sessions with externally qualified instructors)
- Healthy Schools Award, Gold Sports Award, Investors in People Gold Award
- A relocation package for the right candidate
Visits to the school: Week commencing June 10th 2019
Closing Date: June 28th 2019.
Interviews: July 4th and 5th 2019.
To apply or arrange a visit, please email email@example.com or call 01628 600304. Our application pack can also be accessed from our website www.prioryschool.co.uk.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) check will be sought for the successful candidate.