Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900100242
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Billabong High School
Principal Network Hume
Staffing Area Albury
FTE 1.000Contact Name Julie Bowen
Contact Phone number 02 6029 8377
Closing Date 11-Aug-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Billabong High School is a comprehensive high school located in the Greater Hume Shire between Albury and Wagga Wagga with an student enrolment of 383 with 6% Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander. The school works in partnership with students and the community to seek high quality educational outcomes for all students. Priorities include pursuing excellence in line with the School Excellence Framework, driving literacy and numeracy growth, differentiation, and leadership development. The school has three Multi-categorical Support Classes and a strong Learning Support culture. An ongoing focus is catering for the challenges faced by rural students and schools, and to this end a state-of-the-art Aurora College facility was established in 2016 to provide selective school access for local gifted and talented students. An increased ‘teaching and learning’ focus, a growth mindset outlook, and increased reflective practice saw an improvement in student growth (7-9 NAPLAN) during 2016-2019. Further growth is expected with the continued employment of a full-time Instructional Leader to support the instructional capacity of every teacher.
The school balances the academic curriculum with a range of extracurricular programs to maximize educational opportunity for all students. Billabong High School exists on the traditional lands of the Wiradjuri people, and its Aboriginal Education Team works with the school community to improve student outcomes and cultural competencies for all. The school also values the support of a well-informed and proactive Parents & Citizens Association.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
Approval to teach Special Education and experience teaching students with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or a mild or moderate intellectual disability.
- Demonstrated skills in organisation, management and communication to lead faculty protocols, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and experience in leading effective transition planning, with both internal and external stakeholders, that meets student’s individual needs and builds excellence in inclusion.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a collaborative executive team member, building upon the school and faculty’s culture of high expectations and professional growth.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.