Post Ref - MD37
Department - People's Services
Would You Like To Be the Head Teacher of a School Where Children Aspire To Be ‘Never Less Than Their Best’?
The Governors of Merton Bank Primary School are seeking to appoint an exceptional Head Teacher to lead our school towards an ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED judgement. The school was judged as ‘Good’ in its latest inspection in June 2017.
If you would like the opportunity to build upon the foundations laid and take the school to the next level, have inspiring leadership qualities, high expectations and a belief that Every Child Matters, then you could be our next Head Teacher.
You should be able to:
- Commit to raising achievement for all groups of children.
- Ensure high standards of attainment and behaviour.
- Foster a sense of belonging to a community.
- Show a dedication to safeguarding the whole school community.
- Lead and inspire staff with exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Show determination to continue to develop all areas of school life to ensure outcomes for children
- are improved in all areas.
- Commit to developing relationships with families and the wider community.
- Be passionate about leading a whole school approach to working in partnership with Parents and Carers to support children’s education.
- Show enthusiasm and inspirational leadership qualities with a child centred ethos.
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to the curriculum.
- Demonstrate successful Senior Leadership experience.
We can offer you:
Friendly, caring and well-motivated children who are eager to learn.
A happy, safe and caring school with a dedicated team of staff who work hard to ensure that every child achieves their potential.
A variety of extra curriculum activities which enhance and enrich the children’s school day.
A committed and supportive governing body
Application forms and further details are available from www.sthelens.gov.uk or alternatively by contacting Human Resources via the details below.
Job Contact Person - Human Resources
Job Contact Tel - 01744 671854
Contact Postal Address - HR Section, Schools' Team, Town Hall, St Helens, Merseyside, WA10 1HP
Contact Email - Schoolrecruitment@sthelens.gov.uk
Completed application forms should be returned to Jane Walker, Human Resources, Town Hall, Corporation Street, St Helens, WA10 1HP.
Closing date: 18 January 2018, 12 o’clock.
Interviews – 29 and 30 January 2018.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.