Head Teacher L15-21
Location Whittington Community Primary School
Employer Staffordshire County Council
Contract Type Full time permanent
Working Pattern Standard
Whittington Community Primary School
Believe We Can Achieve
Whittington Community Primary School is a successful, popular and forward thinking school situated in a rural location just outside the cathedral city of Lichfield.
We are ambitious, focussed and proud of our school. By continually seeking out best practice and adapting it to our own context we strive to ensure that every child achieves excellence.
Distributive leadership enables our dedicated staff to work together to go the extra mile to ensure that our pupils thrive in a positive and vibrant atmosphere. Our new head teacher will therefore lead a strong team of caring, expert and reflective staff.
Parents agree we offer an enriched, challenging and exciting curriculum: ‘You have given my child a passion for learning that they will carry with them for the rest of their life.’
Governors are seeking to appoint a head teacher who:
• Is an excellent leader with high expectations and a clear sense of vision
• Is innovative and enthusiastic
• Will inspire and motivate pupils and staff
• Is committed to strong working relationships both within school and collaboratively with other schools
• Is excited by the opportunities that Whittington Community Primary School offers
We can offer you:
• A supportive governing body dedicated to educational excellence
• A welcoming and strong staff team
• Children who enjoy challenge and love learning
• Parents/carers who are supportive and want the best for their children
Visits to our school are welcomed and we would invite you to contact us on 01543 432487 to arrange a visit. You will also get a feel of what it means to be part of the ‘Whittington Family’ by taking a look at our web site www.whittington-school.co.uk
Closing Date 1st December 2017
Interviews 9th January 2018
To apply for this post please download the application form below in the 'Available Documents' section. Application forms should be returned by email to email@example.com, please mark your submission ”application for Whittington Primary School”.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment".
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.