Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097794
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Elderslie High School
Principal Network Camden
Staffing Area Campbelltown
FTE 1.000Contact Name Joanne Amos
Contact Phone number 46581110
Closing Date 10-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Elderslie High School is a comprehensive coeducational school (Years 7-12) with an enrolment of 1088 students including 63 Aboriginal students. Our broad curriculum is designed to cater for the diverse range of student learning needs. There is a strong tradition of academic excellence at Elderslie High School including the delivery of extension courses.
Our students have the opportunity to engage in many extracurricular activities including sport, Duke of Edinburgh Program, debating, dance, drama and cultural exchanges. Significant links have been developed between the school and the surrounding community. Our informed and committed community have high expectations for student achievement and ongoing success in academic, cultural, vocational and sporting areas.
The school is an integral part of the Macarthur Trade Training Centre. Please visit the school website http://www.elderslie-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/ for information about the school including the Annual Report.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
1. Work collaboratively with the wellbeing team in the development and implementation of evidence based whole school wellbeing programs that cater for the wellbeing and learning for a diverse range of students.
2. Demonstrated ablility to work as a member of the executive team to interpret and analyse a range of date to support school evaluation, and lead the effective implementation of the school's strategic directions.
3. Demonstrated capacity as a visible, approachable and inspirational member of the school community to lead initiatives and implement programs that support, promote and enhance a high standard of engagement and wellbeing for all students.
4. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the capacity to lead and develop teams that deliver a coordinated, whole school wellbeing structure to support student learning outcomes.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.