Northern House School (Wokingham) is a school that caters for, educates and nurtures children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
The school also has a recently reopened residential facility which has undergone refurbishment. All it requires now is its first residents.
The current highly successful headteacher is leaving to take up a position closer to her home, so the Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and visionary leader with the energy and enthusiasm to further develop this vibrant Special School situated within Wokingham.
This is an opportunity for you to be the inspirational leader our school needs, who understands the challenges ahead, and has the heart and vision for the continued development of our school. You won’t be driven by ego – you’ll get satisfaction by knowing that every day your leadership will improve the life chances of our children and set them on their path to a successful future.
We are looking for:
- A leader with a strong background of SEND education, with high expectations of excellence
- A leader with excellent oral and written communication skills, who will inspire and develop the staff team, and have an open, caring and supportive approach with parents and carers
- A knowledgeable and skilful professional able to effectively manage the performance of colleagues and inspire the highest standards of teaching and learning
- An efficient manager who can interpret data and is keen to collaborate with other schools
- An inspirational leader with the skills and personality to take this excellent school and residential facility forward, to further achieve its high expectations
- If you are an ambitious senior leader in a good or outstanding department or SEND school, and have an open and positive leadership style with the requisite skills required for headship in this ever-changing, and challenging, educational field we would welcome your application.
Northern House School will give you
- A caring and welcoming family atmosphere
- The ability to support positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and the wider community
- A Leadership Salary L21 to L26
- Upon having in place four residential pupils a residential allowance OF £5,103
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Following a successful probation period access to an array of some of the best discretionary employee benefits that any school or Trust offers, including
- Employer paid Health Cash Plan, which provides money back on a range of wellbeing and health items, such as Dental Surgery, Opticians, Physiotherapy and Chiropody
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Family Shopping Scheme
Please download an application pack from our Trust’s website.(www.northernhouse.org.uk).
In your covering letter tell us:
· what has prepared you for this role
· why you want to join our Trust and school
· In an environment of decreasing resources and ever increasing regulatory requirements how would you ensure the school (& the residential facility) achieved at least good during its next Ofsted (anticipated 2019)
Closing date is 26/04/2018 at 12.00 noon
Interview date is TBC
Once you have completed your application please email Jobs@northernhouse.org.uk.
For a further discussion about the position please contact Trevor Scott, Acting CEO, on 07467952448.
We would also encourage potential applicants to contact and visit the school prior to the closing date. To arrange a visit please contact Andrew Kessock Phillips (School Business Manager) on 0118 9771293
Northern House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a rigorous, Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and all references obtained will be checked upon for authenticity and accuracy.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.