The Governors of this Outstanding Nursery School and successful Children’s Centre are seeking to appoint a Headteacher and Head of Children’s Centre to take up post in September 2018. The Centre includes a 156 place nursery school and day care facility, and provides a wide range of family support and extended services for the under-5s and their families, including those with additional or specific needs. The Centre’s 2014 Ofsted school inspection judged provision to be Outstanding in all areas. In order to fulfil the Centre’s commitment to all year round opening the candidate will be contracted to work four additional weeks of the school holidays.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference and to lead this innovative centre into this next stage of development:
The successful candidate will:
- be an innovative, energetic and ambitious leader with recent, successful experience of senior leadership
- be passionate about Early Years provision
- be committed to improving outcomes for children and families
- have the ability to inspire, empower and motivate staff, parents and carers;
- have excellent knowledge and experience of the education and care of young children and the Early Years Foundation Stage;
- have a commitment to working in partnership with other agencies to develop services for children and their families;
- have an understanding of children with learning difficulties and disabilities
We can offer:
- happy, enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
- a highly skilled and motivated staff team
- families who value the Centre and actively engage with the services it provides
- a welcoming, attractive and well-resourced working environment including a large and recently refurbished outdoor learning environment
- a knowledgeable and supportive Governing / Children’s Centre Advisory Board
- a diverse and enthusiastic learning community
- excellent opportunities for continuing professional development
For an application pack or information about visiting the Centre, please contact Kerry Rowley, Business Manager by telephone on 01709 828983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Further information about the Centre can be found on our website at www.thearnoldcentre.co.uk
Closing date for applications is noon on Monday 4th December 2017.
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 13th December 2017.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th January, 2018.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post involves working with children and therefore, if successful, you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Further information about the disclosure scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Arnold Centre
Tel: 01709 828983