The Governors of Cherry Dale Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader with a passion and enthusiasm to lead this ‘Outstanding School’ into the future (Ofsted Nov 2014).
Cherry Dale Primary School is a larger than average PFI school set within the village of Cudworth, North East of Barnsley, South Yorkshire. The school which is growing in numbers each year is set in a beautiful semi rural location. The planned admission number was raised to 40 in 2013 following an extension to the building. There is a high percentage of Pupil Premium Children (41%) and the percentage of pupils with Special Educational Needs is relatively high. Many of our children come from hard pressed family backgrounds, consequently the deprivation indicator is higher than the national average.
Parents hold us in high regard and our pupils enjoy school and have an excellent attitude to learning. Progress and attainment is outstanding.
The dedicated teaching staff are well supported by a strong senior management team and a committed and supportive Governing Body. Cherry Dale is also a founder member of The Cudworth and North East Collaboration of schools working hard with four other primaries in the area to promote excellence.
Governors are looking to appoint someone who has the potential to be an exceptional Headteacher who will build on the strengths and successes of the school. The chosen candidate should have a good knowledge of the changing expectations within education and will be expected to inspire vision and demonstrate leadership in partnership with all stakeholders in order to facilitate and manage change.
We are seeking to appoint a school leader who:
- Will embrace the challenge of sustaining the schools outstanding status;
- Will take a bold and challenging approach to changes at both local and national level;
- Has the skills and vision to support the continuous development of the school;
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to teamwork;
- Has a commitment to working in partnerships with other schools within the Cudworth and North East Collaboration;
- Has the ability to create and implement effective management systems in which roles, responsibilities and accountabilities are clearly articulated.
- Can share with us a sense of humour, coupled with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
What we can offer you:
- A dedicated and strong senior management team and a committed and supportive Governing Body;
- A committed and experienced team of teaching staff and assistants;
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career and make your own mark;
- Children who are eager to learn and who enjoy their school life;
- A close working relationship with parents and our local community;
- A newly built and well equipped school.
School website – www.cherrydaleprimary.com
Closing Date: Friday 27th October 2017
To have a look around the school please contact the school directly on 01226 719700.
Please note interviews are intending to be held over two days on 21st and 22nd November 2017.
Please note for this post you will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.