We are a successful, oversubscribed Church of England Voluntary Controlled primary school, searching for a new leader to build on strong foundations and lead us into an exciting future.
Brierley is a village north east of Barnsley, in the Church of England Parish of Grimethorpe with Brierley, a predominantly former mining area which has in recent years seen some economic regeneration and new housing developments. Our headteacher retires at the end of this academic year, and so the Governing Body is looking to appoint an inspirational leader to succeed him.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Strongly committed to the Christian ethos of Brierley School.
- An outstanding classroom practitioner and a passionate leader in education.
- A strong and decisive leader with the ability to build on the existing strengths of our outstanding school.
- Able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to teamwork.
- Committed to working in partnership with other schools, particularly within the Cudworth and North East Collaboration.
- Able to share with us a sense of humour, coupled with energy and enthusiasm.
We can offer:
- A welcoming school family, much valued in the local community, supported by the parish, and centred around our Christian values.
- Children who are eager to learn, and enjoy their school life.
- An outstanding staff who are passionate about providing the very best opportunity for our children.
- A governing body committed to providing you with the resources and support to grow in the role and to lead the school into the future.
A visit to the school is encouraged and warmly welcomed at any time during the week beginning Monday 15th January, by arrangement with the school.
Please follow the 'apply on school website' link to apply through the Barnsley Council website - this may include registering if you do not already have an account.
Closing date: 21st January 2018
Shortlisting: 24th January 2018
Interviews: 5th & 6th February 2018
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. BMBC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.