Carlton Primary Academy is looking for its next inspirational leader to drive forward improvements and secure future performance. Are you an outstanding leader, able to inspire and lead our team of staff and children? Would you like the opportunity to play an active role in our Multi Academy Trust?
Carlton Primary is a popular primary school of circa 280 pupils plus a 26 place nursery. Rated as ‘good’ by Ofsted in April 2015 it now needs a dynamic, inspirational leader to inject energy and rigour across all areas of the school to secure the school’s performance following a period of staff changes.
The school has recently undergone a major redevelopment of its facilities. 2018 will be an exciting year for Carlton, as we embark upon further developments to the early years and ICT provision. This is, therefore, a great opportunity to be involved in the development and enhancement of the school and its physical environment to bring about benefits for the whole learning community.
Carlton Primary is part of Pioneer Academies Community Trust; a Multi-Academy Trust which is an approved sponsor of the DfE.
The MAT was established with the very simple but powerful aim of providing high quality teaching and learning, enabling all pupils to reach their full potential and to be ready for their journey to secondary school. Our MAT is progressive, forward thinking and committed to continuing its strategy of providing support to raise standards in its schools. This is an exciting time to be part of that vision and work as a strategic leader for the Trust in driving forward that ambition. It will be a demanding role but one that offers huge potential and rewards.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- impressive levels of commitment, drive and resilience
- clear focused vision to take our school forward
- excellent understanding of effective strategies for raising attainment and achieving excellence
- is an inspirational role model with strong leadership, management and organisational skills and excellent inter-personal skills
- is reflective, with good communication and listening skills; able to recognise current strengths, maintaining stability while managing change
In return we can offer
- supportive, well informed Governors who are dedicated to a vision of educational excellence, with commitment to your continuing professional development
- opportunities to work collaboratively with our Trust partner schools
- a committed, dedicated and friendly staff
- children who love learning
- the support of Pioneer Academies Community Trust and the opportunity to play a wider role within the Trust’s vision
We believe this is a very exciting opportunity for a talented, driven individual to progress their career.
For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact Mrs. Kim Wood, Company Secretary for PACT, on 01226 723691 or mobile 07964125565.
Visits to the academies are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Wood.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 16th February 2018.
Interviews will be held over 2 days 22nd and 23rd February 2018
Application forms and details are available from and returnable to Mrs. Kim Wood, Company Secretary, PACT Head Office, Carlton Primary Academy, Fish Dam Lane, Barnsley S71 3HF. Telephone 01226 723691 or mobile 07964125565. Or alternately can be found on the website: www.pioneeracademies.co.uk by following the vacancy links.
Please note for this post you will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service check.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.