Bathampton Primary School is a caring and inclusive, single form entry Community School close to the city of Bath, providing education for 209 pupils. We were judged outstanding in our last Ofsted inspection and we aspire to continue on this path.
We are seeking a motivated and inspirational leader who shares our vision and values and will lead us on our continuing journey to all round excellence and academisation. Our next headteacher will improve our already high standards whilst maintaining our ethos and sense of purpose. Our children are our greatest asset and there is a sense of joyfulness that encapsulates our school.
We aim for excellence and believe that educational standards should be rigorous, whilst learning should be creative and fun. We are determined to ensure that each individual child in our school achieves their full potential and that they are happy, enthusiastic, and secure in our care.
Our next headteacher will join us on our learning adventure, motivate and challenge our dedicated and valued staff and embrace everything that makes Bathampton such a wonderful school.
This vacancy is a full-time position with no fixed teaching commitment.
Bathampton Primary School’s next headteacher will:
- be thoroughly versed in imaginative and creative approaches to learning and teaching with a proven record of curriculum development
- be committed to the best academic outcomes for all our children and to developing individual character, personality and values
- have a deep understanding of early years foundation, KS1 and KS2
- have the relevant leadership skills & experience and focus on holding themself and others to account in maintaining high standards across the school
- be able to communicate clearly, coherently and persuasively and to work openly and collaboratively with the Governing Body, teachers, staff, parents and the community
- have enthusiasm, vision and clarity of purpose
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and experienced qualified teacher with proven leadership skills to progress their career.
Click ‘Apply’ button below to make your application.
The application pack can be downloaded from this website or from the school’s website, www.bathampton.bathnes.sch.uk/staff/vacancies or by contacting the school office either by email at Bathampton_pri@bathnes.gov.uk or phone 01225 465229.
School visits are encouraged so that you can get a feel for Bathampton before applying. To arrange a visit, please email: Bathampton_pri@bathnes.gov.uk or phone 01225 465229.
School visit dates (by appointment) will be held on
Monday 13 November 2017 9.15 am
Wednesday 15th November 2017 1.30 pm
Tuesday 21st November 2017 4 pm
Thursday 23rd November 2017 9.15 am
Applications close on 1st December 2017
Interviews will be held over two days on 10th -11th January 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.