Church Valley Schools Federation
Employer: Bath and North East Somerset Council
Location: Bath and North East Somerset
Required: Headteacher for Church Valley Schools. A federation of three Church of England rural primary schools situated just outside the city of Bath in the villages of Wellow, Shoscombe and Camerton.
The governors, staff and children are seeking to appoint a Headteacher who is an inspirational leader with clear vision, outstanding management, pastoral and communication skills and a commitment to support the strong Christian ethos of the Federation.
You will join a Federation that prides itself on its positive friendly and supportive atmosphere where children and staff can thrive.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of primary school leadership.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with:
- Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher or Assistant Headteacher experience;
- a proven track record of successful primary teaching and leadership;
- the proven ability to ensure that standards of teaching and learning are consistently good;
- high expectations for the achievement of every child and member of staff;
- the ability to support, lead and inspire colleagues by example;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- commitment to the preservation and development of the Christian ethos of the school.
We can offer you:
- enthusiastic children who are eager to learn and are proud of their schools;
- hard-working and committed staff;
- a strong commitment to your professional development;
- committed governors;
- established working relationships with parents and the local community.
All applications to be emailed to Stjulians_pri@bathnes.gov.uk by Monday 11th September 2017.
We would encourage candidates to visit the Church Valley Schools Federation prior to an application so that we can answer any questions you may have.
For further information, a confidential discussion, or to arrange a school visit, please contact by email:
T: 01225 833143 E: Stjulians_pri@bathnes.gov.uk
Closing Date: Monday 11th September 2017
Interview: Wednesday and Thursday 20th/21st September 2017
Bath and North East Somerset Council is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We reserve the right to research applicants on social media platforms and the internet, and the Governing Body may take this into consideration during the recruitment process.
Locations of three schools in the Church Valley Schools Federation:
St Julians C.E.V.C Primary School, Wellow, Bath, Somerset,BA2 8QS
Shoscombe C.E.V.A. Primary School, St Julian’s Road, Shoscombe, Bath, BA2 8NB
Camerton C.E.V.C Primary School, Camerton Hill, Camerton, Bath, BA2 0PS
Total roll: 215
Age Range: 4-11 years