The Governors of Hunters Hill College are seeking to appoint a headteacher with an outstanding track record as a senior leader. The role offers a unique, rewarding, and quite rare opportunity to take a lead role in a specialised school environment.
Hunters Hill College provides residential and day placements for 132 children aged 11-16.
A successful special school, Hunters Hill offers a caring and supportive working environment involving a multi-disciplinary professional team. The residential Care Team play an integral role in ensuring the 24-hour curriculum and our residential provision was rated as “Good” under the new Ofsted Framework.
Our children have SEMH (social, emotional and mental health difficulties) and many also have Autistic Spectrum Condition which underpin a variety of behaviours which have the potential to impede their learning and progress. The school provides an approach which is structured, calm and sympathetic to individuals who are insecure, lacking in confidence, and have experienced failure in mainstream schools, often from an early age.
Set in over a magnificent 70 acres of fields and woodland, the school offers a residential element for its students. The setting is ideal for young people whose needs are best met in a healthy environment with high quality nurturing and support. By encouraging the students to have a belief in themselves the school aims to increase self-esteem along with the ability to socialise and related to this we are currently involved in a number of developments which are extending our curriculum.
What Hunters Hill can offer you:
- A rich and diverse environment with a superb range of facilities and potential for further development.
- A school that promotes a positive ethos that fully embraces diversity and difference, valuing the individual.
- A school where students display positive attitudes, are happy and feel respected by staff and one another.
- The opportunity to lead and work with dedicated, enthusiastic and talented staff.
- The opportunity to work with Senior Leaders and Governors that are sharply focused and fully understand the needs of the school and students.
- A school with a proven track record of delivering excellent outcomes.
- The provision of high quality training and innovative staff development.
- The opportunity to build on the success of the school, to improve and grow its capacity and achievement.
- Existing strong links with local schools.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who will:
- Be an emotionally intelligent and inspirational leader, who can shape and deliver our strategy
- Have the passion and energy to raise the level of achievement and outcomes for all our students
- Be robust in meeting the challenges of a changing educational landscape and increasingly complex needs
- Have expertise in motivating and driving forward a staff team within a demanding and complex environment
Hunters Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be obtained for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview. A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and Disqualification by Association statement will be required for the successful candidate.
All applicants will be required to visit the School before submitting an Application so please contact Louise Smith (0121 445 1320 Ext 1131) for further details.
Applications should include a supporting statement of no more than 3 sides which address the person specification and should be emailed to:
Or returned to:
Performance, Engagement & Commissioning Services
PO Box 16461
Closing date: April 6th 2018 by 5pm
Shortlisting: April 16th 2018
Interview dates: April 23-24th 2018