School Group Size: Group 3
Are you an ambitious Head Teacher, Acting Head Teacher or Deputy Head Teacher with the drive, determination, resilience and energy to provide the best possible education for our children?
Could you motivate and inspire a staff team determined to deliver an engaging curriculum that enables all children to reach their full potential in our inclusive school?
Are you a leader who will develop staff, including the leadership team, and help them to realise their own ambitions?
Due to the impending retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governors of Barford Primary School are seeking a dedicated, self-motivated, inspirational and talented Headteacher who will value and build on the hard work already undertaken. With a proven record of successful and varied experience working in a senior leadership or headteacher role, you will lead our talented, enthusiastic and committed team of staff in providing all our children with a happy, secure and stimulating environment in which they can learn and flourish as individuals.
Barford Primary School is a large two form entry school, with a 35 place part-time Nursery. Located less than one mile from the city centre the school has a varied population with 52 different ethnic groups represented and 40 different first languages spoken. By celebrating the cultural diversity of our pupils, and placing a strong emphasis on tolerance, respect and understanding of others, we provide a diverse, inclusive and vibrant learning community in which all children are encouraged to be the very best they can be.
Over recent years investing in the development of our building, environment and resources has significantly enhanced our facilities, especially our outside areas. This has enabled us to better cater for the needs of all our pupils, making learning enjoyable and rewarding, and allowing all our children to grow and thrive during their time with us.
We want a candidate who:
- has a proven track record of success as a teacher and leader
- is a dedicated, innovative and dynamic leader with the ability to motivate and inspire others with clear and decisive leadership
- has the ability and determination to secure further improvement and success for the school
- has personal and professional integrity; is visible and approachable with resilience to meet the day to day challenges of headship
- will empower and inspire staff and children to fulfil their potential
- has a passion for teaching and learning with high expectations of staff and pupils
- is able to sustain and accelerate progress in raising standards of teaching and learning
- drives the development of a curriculum that both engages and challenges children
- is able to further support a learning community in which children flourish emotionally, socially and academically and have fun whilst doing so!
- will continue to develop and widen parental involvement
- is forward-thinking and flexible to adapt to the changing educational landscape
- has outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- is able to build a strong rapport with pupils, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
- can articulate a clear strategic vision with and has a passion for the school community
- places every child at the centre of his/her thinking
We can offer you:
- a diverse and vibrant school community
- a welcoming and inclusive school with friendly, polite, courteous, and well-behaved children who have an excellent and positive attitude to learning
- the opportunity to work at a school where you feel that you make a difference to young lives every day
- the opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- a “good” school (July 2017) with ambition to become outstanding
- an experienced and committed Senior Leadership Team with high expectations of themselves, staff and children
- a hardworking, determined and committed team of teachers and support staff
- a Governing Board that provides key support and challenge
- a school that is well-managed and in a stable financial position
- excellent networking opportunities, including a dedicated Consortium of local schools who provide a wealth of experience, knowledge, support and advice
At Barford Primary School, our vision is for every child to be the very best that they can be, becoming independent learners in all areas of the curriculum. If you would like to make a fundamental difference to the lives of our children, then we want to hear from you!
If you are interested in applying for this position, we invite you to review the candidate information pack which contains further information about our school. We would also invite you to visit the school on 21 October 2019 at 9.15am or 2pm where you will be offered a full tour of the school.
If you are not available on this date, we are able to facilitate visits on other days, upon request. To arrange a school visit please contact Nikki Burling on 0121 296 2994.
To apply, please submit your application form and supporting statement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 11 November 2019 at 9.00am
Shortlisting: 19 November 2019
Interviews: 11 December 2019
Governors welcome applicants who are available to start Monday 20th April 2020 or as soon as possible beforehand.
Barford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory reference checks and other relevant pre-employment checks as necessary.