In 2019 Hodge Hill College achieved significant success in the summer examinations placing them in the top 15% of all schools nationally. Not only did we achieve outstanding success in our progress 8 scores, our pupils also gained above average attainment 8 scores. This was achieved by a sea of change in pupil attitudes which ensured that pupils valued their educational outcomes and worked hard to achieve success.
In an uncertain world the College is a consistent and calm environment which allows all pupils to develop their skills and aptitudes to ensure a successful adult life. The college places significant importance on the development of character and public spirit. We also believe in the importance and power of creativity and you will register this the moment you step onto our campus.
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher in August 2020, we require a new Headteacher who understands the need to constantly reflect and adapt the education we provide to ensure all pupils improve their life chances. Here at Hodge Hill you will find a dedicated team who are committed to improving the lives of young people.
Experienced within secondary settings, you’ll bring an impressive track record of success and be a genuinely creative leader.
We are looking for a person who will continue to provide:
• Provide successful, strategic and creative leadership in an ever changing educational environment;
• Be able to identify with the ethos, vision and values of Hodge Hill College;
• Have a clear focus on leading high quality teaching and learning that includes the continuing development of an innovative curriculum which meets the future needs of students;
• Be able to focus on raising standards and students’ aspirations within our caring environment;
• Motivate and manage people effectively, working with a talented team of staff, parents, governors and community
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, optimism, resilience and a sense of humour, whilst leading an outstanding senior team
Visits to the school are most welcome from prospective applicants, please contact the school on 0121 508 4063 for arranged tours at the following times.
Tuesday 21st January at 2.00pm -4.00pm
Wednesday 22nd January between 3.00pm & 4.00pm
Monday 27th between 2.00am- 4.00pm
Wednesday 29th January between 11.30 & 4.00pm
For further information and an application form, please visit our website: http://www.hodgehill.bham.sch.uk/Vacancies/
or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hodge Hill College, Bromford Road, Birmingham, B36 8HB
Tel: 0121 5084063
Closing date – 31st January 2020 at 9.00am
Interviews week/commencing 10th February 2020
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure Caring Service, although a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining the position.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the role.
Hodge Hill College is an equal opportunities employer.