The Governors at St Patrick’s wish to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic leader to be Headteacher of this outstanding and happy school on the retirement of their successful and valued Headteacher. The school was judged as outstanding in its last OFSTED inspection, in June 2018 was graded outstanding in its Section 48 inspection and has just been announced as the best performing primary school in Kirklees.
We welcome applications from practising Catholic’s who are either current Head Teachers looking for a change of school or an experienced Deputy Headteacher ready to take the next step into Headship.
The successful candidate will be:
• Committed to the Catholic ethos of the school and someone who tries to live the values of the Gospel every day.
• A highly effective and successful leader able to inspire our leadership team.
• A strategic thinker able to achieve targets by having a clear vision and direction for the school.
• Have the skills to lead, motivate and inspire pupils, staff, parents and governors to build further sustainable success.
• Passionate about pastoral care, developing the whole child and embracing the school’s ethos and values.
In return, St. Patrick’s offers:
• Happy and well-motivated children who enjoy learning.
• A dedicated and talented staff team who have high expectations of themselves and each other.
• A Governing Body who play an active role in supporting the leadership of the school.
• A close relationship with our parish who play a key role in the life of the school.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed leader to build on strong established foundations and lead this school to the next level.
“A strong and vibrant sense of family characterises the school and there is a profound feeling of everybody working together, inspired by the Gospel, to achieve a common goal. A strong sense of mission permeates the school, being visible in the environment and tangible in its daily life. It is encapsulated in the school’s mission statement, we live, love, learn and grow in the light of Christ.” (Section 48, June 2018)
Application forms and further details are available from the school website: www.stpatricksbirstall.co.uk
Closing Date: 28th January 2019
Shortlisting: 30th January 2019
Interview Dates: 14th/15th February 2019
Birstall is a village to the south of Leeds, five minutes from major motorway networks (M62, M1). Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school on 01924 423220 to arrange a mutually convenient time to visit.