John Ball Primary School, an Ofsted outstanding three form entry school in the heart of Blackheath Village, is seeking a new headteacher to commence in September 2019 following the decision of our current headteacher to return to his home city with his new family after ten successful years leading our school.
During the last decade our school has proactively responded to the national challenge of increasing primary places by undertaking two major building projects that has expanded the school to three form entry. With a current cohort of 612 pupils from 29 countries speaking 31 languages, the school will reach its maximum expanded capacity of 700 pupils over the next three years. The school has preserved its unique character comprising of generous teaching and non-teaching facilities, a spacious wooded KS2 playground, separate KS1 and EYFS playgrounds, a staff of 84, and a comfortable current and predicted budget surplus. This academic year we received 329 applications for 90 places. We have built a team of passionate and hardworking staff who have a collaborative approach, share best practice and have a deep commitment to providing the best education for the children. We also have a strong and supportive governing body, an engaged parent body, an incredibly active PTA, and are committed to professional development opportunities.
We are searching for an inspirational and strategic leader to work alongside our exceptionally talented team to build on our achievements and broad curriculum, maintain and improve our high standards whilst steering the school forward as we reach full capacity of 700 pupils in 2022.
Our ideal candidate will be a senior leader with a variety of experience, understanding and passion for outstanding teaching and learning across all nursery and primary key stages. We are looking for someone who has:
- proven strategic leadership and management skills in a senior leadership position;
- an excellent track record in continuous school improvement;
- the ability to respond strategically to the rapidly changing primary education environment and an excellent grasp of the wider educational landscape;
- passion, enthusiasm and energy to develop a varied and exciting curriculum catering for all the children’s needs in partnership with staff, pupils, parents, carers and governors;
- the ability to encourage, support and develop teachers, guiding them to become outstanding;
- knowledge of what it takes to retain a schools “outstanding” Ofsted rating;
- high expectations of pupil behaviours, their achievements, and the need to ensure they reach their full potential;
- the desire and ability to maintain current John Ball values and create a nurturing, respectful and welcoming environment for pupils, staff and the extended school community;
- an understanding of the importance of promoting the principles of inclusion and safeguarding;
- excellent communication skills.
Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school. Visits can be arranged during the week commencing 11th March by contacting Maria Valkova at the John Ball School Office on 020 8852 1601 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Closing Date: 11:59 pm Sunday 17th March 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday 19th March 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 25th March 2019
Further information on our school can be found on our website http://www.johnball.lewisham.sch.uk/ or by following our twitter account @JBPrimary.